Sony Xperia S
Sony Xperia S Review:
The Sony Xperia S, the HD specialist phone! Experience everything bright in the HD world of Sony Xperia S. The razor sharp picture quality in a pocket device; this is a new generation handset by Sony! The adorable design with slight edges, lustrous display and sleek shape makes it a new HD world mobile phone. The phone is exceptionally loaded with high tech specifications.
This is a well dimensioned handset; the phone has the body dimensions of 128 x 64 x 10.6 mm. The weight of the phone is relatively on the higher side of the scale. The phone weighs 144g. No doubt the weight is higher but with such an astonishing handset that contains all your desired features! You won’t feel the weight of the handset.
The display of this Xperia phone is staggering. The phone has LED-backlit LCD and a capacitive touchscreen supporting 16M colors. The size of the display is 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.3 inches. Further, the mobile phone has a unique feature the Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine. It the first time that a mobile phone company is offering a Reality Display with BRAVIA Engine of Sony Xperia S. The display is as good as of LCD’S and LED’S televisions. With the latest video technology in your hands, you can be sure of having an excellent video quality without a glitch.
To surprise you more, the phone has no external memory option. This initially sounds strange but the internal memory of the handset is 32 GBs. A huge storage space has been provided in the handset without a memory card option. This is far more than an ideal storage space. The RAM is also of utmost quality, which being 1GB caters to everyday use quite efficiently and effectively.
One of the best operating system that is only found in prestigious handsets known as the Android OS is installed in this handset. The Operating system of the phone is Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread), which can be upgraded to the latest on as well. With the Dual-core 1.5 GHz processor; the phone gives the best performance as compared to all mobile handsets in the market. This phone is on the top of the chart among the best mobile phones available in the market. It has left a great competition for the HTC, iPhone and blackberry phones.
Overall, this phone is tremendous. Starting from the design and outlook to the Operating system, processor, HD BRAVIA Engine and display; all features of this phone are astonishing. This is high profiled handset that is surely going to attract prestigious customers in abundance. It is hoped to remain on the trend setters list. You will surely agree to my judgment in this review after going through the specifications and user opinions.
Sony Xperia S Specifications
Operating System and Hardware
- OSAndroid OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread), v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), planned upgrade to v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- CPUDual-core 1.5 GHz
- ChipsetQualcomm MSM8260 Snapdragon
- GPUAdreno 220
- Ram & Rom1 GB RAM
- Internal Memory32 GB storage
- External MemoryNo
Battery Make and Timing
- MakeNon-removable Li-Ion 1750 mAh battery
- Stand-by Time (Approx.)Up to 450 h (2G) / Up to 420 h (3G)
- Talk Time (Approx.)Up to 7 h 30 min (2G) / Up to 8 h 30 min (3G)
Camera Resolution and Audio/Video Quality
- Lens TypeNo Carl Zeiss
- Autofocus & LED flashYes
- Primary Resolution12 MP, 4000×3000 pixels
- Secondary ResolutionYes, 1.3 MP, 720p@30fps
- Video RecordingYes, 1080p@30fps
- RadioStereo FM radio with RDS
Body Type And Display
- Body Dimensions128 x 64 x 10.6 mm (5.04 x 2.52 x 0.42 in)
- Body Weight144 g (5.08 oz)
- Body ColorWhite, Black, Silver
- Display TypeLED-backlit LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Display Size720 x 1280 pixels, 4.3 inches (~342 ppi pixel density)
Network Coverage and Connectivity
- 2G NetworkGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G NetworkHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 – LT26i
- GPRSUp to 86 kbps
- EDGEUp to 237 kbps
- SpeedHSDPA, 14.4 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.8 Mbps
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- BluetoothYes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
- USBYes, microUSB v2.0, USB On-the-go