Sony Xperia P
Sony Xperia P Review
Sony Xperia P is an eye catching handset by Sony Ericson. Sony has always been launching handsets with superior features and with very accurate price tags. With all the latest features, the Sony Xperia P is the top rated mobile phone of its type. Let’s have a little deeper insight on this phone.
With a glamorous, modish and elegant look the Samsung Xperia has a big display of 540 x 960 pixels on a 4.0 inches screen. The display screen is spread on the entire front of the phone. The handset has a Sony logo on the top of its front and Xperia label at the bottom of the screen. Moreover, it has a lush black screen with a LED-backlit LCD, capacitive touchscreen exuding 16M colors. For such an incredible screen resolution and an attractively sharp display, the phone contains a scratch resistant glass.
The phone is loaded with some exceptional features that have gained a lot of marks for the Sony Xperia P. Some breathtaking features of this phone are Sony White Magic technology, Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine, Timescape UI. The multi touch support for up to 4 fingers makers things even better. These features depict the dedication and quality standard of the Sony cell phone family.
Something raises the eyebrows is that this phone does not have support for additional external memory. But guess what! The internal memory of this phone offers storage capacity up to 16 GB. Such a huge internal memory makes up to the shortage of space to a large extent. To stay in touch with the social world on Facebook, twitter and other social media sites, the phone offers WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA and GPRS up to 100 kbps. For direct file sharing, the phone has Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP, EDR. With all the other accomplished features, the Bluetooth is also of high quality. Xperia has almost these segments covered, which makes this phone take care of most of the connectivity needs for any user.
The camera features of Sony Xperia P are also convincing. The phone features 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels camera with autofocus and LED flash. The exceptional features of the related to the camera include Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, 3D sweep panorama and image stabilization.
The operating system of this phone is the one time tested and one of the most popular version of Android OS, the Gingerbread v2.3. The processor of the phone is just in line with the latest trends of being Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9. The processor is not perfect and top of the line but it can be designated points above average.
Overall, the phone is quite good. Almost every feature of this phone is very idyllic. The design and layout of Sony Xperia P is inspiring. It is one of the much applauded handsets by Samsung and it is hoped to remain on the top charts in the coming days.
Sony Xperia P Specifications
Operating System and Hardware
- OSAndroid OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread), v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), planned upgrade to v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- CPUDual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9
- ChipsetNovaThor U8500
- Ram & Rom1 GB RAM
- Internal Memory16 GB (13 GB user available)
- External MemoryNo
Battery Make and Timing
- MakeNon-removable Li-Ion 1305 mAh battery
- Stand-by Time (Approx.)Up to 470 h (2G) / Up to 475 h (3G)
- Talk Time (Approx.)Up to 6 h (2G) / Up to 5 h (3G)
Camera Resolution and Audio/Video Quality
- Lens TypeNo Carl Zeiss
- Autofocus & LED flashYes
- Primary Resolution8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels
- Secondary ResolutionYes, VGA
- Video RecordingYes, 1080p@30fps
- RadioStereo FM radio with RDS
Body Type And Display
- Body Dimensions122 x 59.5 x 10.5 mm (4.80 x 2.34 x 0.41 in)
- Body Weight120 g (4.23 oz)
- Body ColorSilver, Black, Red
- Display TypeLED-backlit LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Display Size540 x 960 pixels, 4.0 inches (~275 ppi pixel density)
Network Coverage and Connectivity
- 2G NetworkGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G NetworkHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 – LT22i
- GPRSUp to 100 kbps
- EDGEUp to 296 kbps
- SpeedHSDPA 14.4 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA
- BluetoothYes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
- USBYes, microUSB v2.0, USB On-the-go