Sony Xperia J
Sony Xperia J Review
Sony Xperia J is another recent addition of smartphones to the market. It looks quite impressive with dimensions of 4.89 x 2.41 x 0.36 inches. Moreover, it is available in four colors. You can find a Sony Xperia J cell phone in the most elegant and decent white and black colors. On the other hand, you can also have it in either Gold or Pink colors.
What Makes Sony Xperia J Great?
- Xperia J has a TFT capacitive touch screen, which is 4 inches in size. A capacitive touch screen is a much more improved replacement of a resistive touch screen, which is hardly ever found in any of the latest phones now. So, Xperia J lets you use the touch screen comparatively more conveniently due to the TFT resistive technology.
- You can have a multitouch experience through this phone. You can use two fingers. Therefore, you can double tap, flick, pinch, spread and rotate on the touch screen of Xperia J in order to perform several functions with ease.
- Users can take great pictures with the 5 MP camera of this smart phone. The resolution of the camera is up to the mark, being 2592 x 1944 pixels. You can also make VGA videos.
- The secondary camera is plain VGA but still it gives somewhat better results than other similar camera for using higher quality materials.
- The battery life is quite commendable. It provides 607 hours of stand-by time.
- The dimensions of this phone make it easily handle-able.
What does Sony Xperia J Lack?
Sony Xperia J is, indeed, a great cell phone. It provides you will all the features which are being offered by many of its competitors in the market. However, if you compare it to many of the latest cell phones which have either been released or are about to be released in the near future, you will find several shortcomings in the this phone.
Have a look at the negative aspects of Sony Xperia J.
- Although the standby battery time is great, the talk time is not as impressive. The battery life of this phone might not last for many users for long with a talk time of just around 5 hours.
- As far as the camera of this smart phone is concerned, the quality of your pictures will be quite good, but your VGA quality will leave a lot to be desired for.
- An internal memory of 4 GB will be more than enough for most of the users. However, on comparison with many other cell phones providing much higher memory storage capacities, you might turn your back towards the Sony Xperia J cell phone.
- The TFT capacitive touch screen of the Sony Xperia J cell phone pales in comparison to the latest AMOLED capacitive touch screens.
Sony Xperia J Specification
Operating System and Hardware
- OSAndroid OS, v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), upgradable to v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
- CPU1 GHz Cortex-A5
- ChipsetQualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon
- GPUAdreno 200
- Ram & Rom512 MB RAM
- Internal Memory4 GB (2 GB user available)
- External MemorymicroSD, up to 32 GB
Battery Make and Timing
- MakeLi-Ion 1750 mAh battery
- Stand-by Time (Approx.)Up to 607 h (2G) / Up to 618 h (3G)
- Talk Time (Approx.)Up to 5 h 36 min (2G) / Up to 7 h 18 min (3G)
Camera Resolution and Audio/Video Quality
- Lens TypeNo Carl Zeiss
- Autofocus & LED flashYes
- Primary Resolution5 MP, 2592?1944 pixels
- Secondary ResolutionYes, VGA
- Video RecordingYes, VGA
- RadioStereo FM radio with RDS
Body Type And Display
- Body Dimensions124.3 x 61.2 x 9.2 mm (4.89 x 2.41 x 0.36 in)
- Body Weight124 g (4.37 oz)
- Body ColorBlack, White, Gold, Pink
- Display TypeTFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Display Size480 x 854 pixels, 4.0 inches (~245 ppi pixel density)
Network Coverage and Connectivity
- 2G NetworkGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G NetworkHSDPA 900 / 2100 – ST26i
- HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 – ST26a
- GPRSUp to 86 kbps
- EDGEUp to 237 kbps
- SpeedHSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- BluetoothYes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
- USBYes, microUSB v2.0
Recent Info Of Your Interest
Sony Xperia C
Sony Xperia Z Ultra Camera Features, Battery Life Specs and Review
Sony has decided to take over the planet with its brand new sensation. The super hot Xperia Z Ultra has been announced for release in the third quarter of 2013. This 6.4 inches large phablet has held the world at awe. The world “ultra” justly defines the high-end smartphone with its state-of-the-art features.
Sony Xperia M Specification of Camera Battery with Pictures
Sony Xperia ZR Specifications And Picture – Tablet Phone
Sony Xperia SP
In the midst of a high competition between premium smartphones of different brands, Sony has introduced a mid-priced smartphone with great features, Sony Xperia SP. As implied by the name, Xperia SP combines the features of both Xperia S and Xperia P, producing an offspring which consists of the good qualities of both parental devices.