HTC Hero S
HTC Hero S Review
There is a lot in HTC Hero S for US Cellular. Although restricted is the customer arena of this mobile phone that it can explore with other mobile telecom companies. HTC Hero S is a fine asset for US Cellular fans. It would not be wrong to say that this telecom gadget is a perfect blend of simplicity, elegance, performance and a good name to go with. With the Hero S, US Cellular is indeed a hero.
Body Dimensions and Display
The size is average with 115 x 60 x 12 mm making it nothing spectacular and on the face of it, it has a 4 inches S-LCD touch screen with accelerometer sensor and multi-touch input support.
With the growing demand of speed and multiprocessing, it has a 1.2 GHz processor with Qualcomm MSM8655 chipset and Android v2.3.4 Gingerbread operating system to run this device and all the features it has. The device starts smooth and all the apps are loaded in no time while 768 MB RAM makes all the applications run smooth and respond quickly.
The internal memory is limited to 4GB; however it can be extended up to 32 GB of storage by using an external memory microSD card. An additional 8GB microSD memory chip is provided along to ensure that you get a lot of space to store all what you need to store.
The camera is a good 5MP with LED flash. It is capable of auto focus and the result of the camera is just about fine as compared to other 5MP camera phones. The mobile does support video calling with its 1.3MP secondary camera and you can record good videos on your device as well.
There are a lot of good multimedia features in this mobile like built in music and video player which supports a wide range of multimedia types. It does not have a built in radio though but does support TV out, Java applications and it also has built in games to keep you busy in your free hours.
The goodies do not end here as the mobile also has document viewer, organizer, voice commands support and even voice input.
The Bottom Line
All of the functionalities are appreciable of this social machine. Overall it is a good phone but limited to US Cellular subscribers only.
HTC Hero S Specifications
Operating System and Hardware
- OSAndroid OS, v2.3.4 (Gingerbread)
- CPU1.2 GHz
- ChipsetQualcomm MSM8655
- Ram & Rom768 MB RAM
- Internal Memory4 GB storage
- External MemorymicroSD, up to 32 GB, 8 GB included
Battery Make and Timing
- MakeLi-Ion 1520 mAh battery
- Stand-by Time (Approx.)Up to 456 h
- Talk Time (Approx.)Up to 7 h 20 min
Camera Resolution and Audio/Video Quality
- Lens TypeNo Carl Zeiss
- Autofocus & LED FlashYes
- Primary Resolution5 MP, 2592?1944 pixels
- Secondary ResolutionYes, 1.3 MP
- Video RecordingYes, 720p
Body Type And Display
- Body Dimensions115 x 60 x 12 mm (4.53 x 2.36 x 0.47 in)
- Body Weight130 g (4.59 oz)
- Body ColorBlack, White
- Display TypeS-LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Display Size540 x 960 pixels, 4.0 inches (~275 ppi pixel density)
Network Coverage and Connectivity
- 2G NetworkCDMA 800 / 1900
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G NetworkCDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- Dual-band HSPA
- SpeedEV-DO Rev. A, up to 3.1 Mbps / HSDPA 14.4 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- BluetoothYes, v3.0 with A2DP, EDR
- USBYes, microUSB v2.0 (MHL)
Recent Info Of Your Interest
HTC Desire U
HTC DROID DNA
HTC Droid DNA is a 4G network technology smartphone. It more looks like a tablet because of the monstrous touch screen of 5 inches. The DNA supports 1080p resolution for display which is double over the HD screen resolution which drags the pixel density to 440ppi leaving 326ppi Retina display far behind.